Saturday, June 28, 2008

Blasting Neighbors!

When Scott was about eleven we went to Toys-R-Us and I bought him a Super Soaker 3000 water gun.
We filled it up, and then pumped the action - which had a working gauge to show how much pressure had built up in the tank.
Scott went over to where the Watson's were shooting eachother with water guns and let loose with his new one-man arsenal...
Let me just say, I have never seen such an astounding blast of water from any squirt gun in my life - it was more of a fire hydrant. The range was jaw-dropping.
It took around eight seconds for the gun to run out of water, but it only took about six for everyone to be drenched...
Mom asked me to take it back because some of the kids were crying.

2 comments:

CAINS said...

I'm sorry for your loss and for the loss others experienced from this. You have no idea who I am and I did not know Scott, however, my mother lived up the road from him and was at the church across the street when this happened. She told me about the situation and I cannot tell you how hard it hit me. I think of Scott often because I too, was in a state of mind that wasn't understood. You are truly a great person and I'm positive Scott felt the love you had for him and appreciated everything you did and said to him. Even if you felt like you were preaching or not understanding, I know that he knew that you loved him enough to care. Please know that I don't mean to bring emotions up that you have already dealt with but I couldn't shake this sorrow I felt for him, his family, and for the loss of such a great person. Thank you for posting your memories of Scott and I hope that you can receive peace.

Gauchonm said...

I am sorry to hear about Scott. I remember teaching him how to shoot a basketball and playing one on one with him, just before moving back to Oregon. I was just googling your name to see if you were still doing art, I always liked most of your art and sadly found this blog. I know I was a moment in your family's life, but I really loved your family. I have boys the age of Scott when I knew you and that's how I remember him.
Andrea Ohran (used to be Russell)