Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lots of Tabasco, please

One holiday when I came home to visit from college, I offered to make some eggs for Scott. He said "OK, but I like my eggs with lots of cheese and Tabasco-- not just a little Tabasco-- a TON." So I commenced in making a pan of super cheesey eggs with maybe 1/16-1/8 bottle of Tabasco. I thought while I was making them, "I hope these aren't way too hot." When he ate them, he said they were perfect. Whenever I reach for a bottle of Tabasco, I am reminded of how much Scott liked to "kick things up" and make life more interesting. So easily I slip into a mundane state of being, forgetting that there are ways to live more fully, doing the best with who I am and what I have got. I hope to change that because of Scott.

I loved hearing about the crawdads. (Even if I can't completely appreciate the male bonding that happened there.) : )

~E

No comments: